Chitika AD

Pages

Monday, August 23, 2010

Old Show for you to reference #4: Nick in the Afternoon

Yes, the almighty Popsicle stick has made his online blog debut.
In case you don't remember, that yellow nosed character is known as Stick Stickly; the host of Nick in the Afternoon. NITA was only in the summer when kids didn't have school, so all those remedial kids who were stuck in summer school never got to experience this phenomenon.
Mr. Stickly was able to use his wooden self to his advantage of "choosing" the next cartoon. Double S would spin himself to randomly choose the next cartoon to be aired and oh boy did it make him dizzy. Stick's face changed from what it normally is, go ahead i'll wait while you look at the image above to remember again, to a completed circle mouth and his eyes at the top of his plastic encasing.
But we got back at ol' Stickaroo everyday. The DUNCE CAP was our revenge of taking advantage of something with no brain. Everyday we would ask him the simplest of corny jokes. Would stick get it right? NUH UH, NO WAY, NOT A CHANCE IN HELL, NADDA. S to the S wore the DUNCE CAP. 
Sticky always got me right where it hurts though. He would roll the public service announcement with a kid swimming in a pool and then the same narrator who promoted all my cartoons would tell me to turn of the tv and go outside. WHAT THE HELL NICK? Yes, I called the narrator Nick, pretty original. These were conflicting arguments by one person. On one hand I was supposed to make sure Tommy and Chuckie were going to be alright if Reptar went apeshit on them, but how could I if I was selfishly enjoying myself at the pool?
And this is how I ended up here folks. Because of Nick the narrator's confusing arguments and Stick-O choosing my next cartoon to watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment